Author: BoM | Date: 04 July 2019
The Bank of Montserrat is seeking qualified candidates with strong leadership qualities and diverse banking experience to fill the position of General Manager.
The successful individual will be responsible for the overall operation of the bank. In addition to a thorough understanding of all aspects of leading a bank. The successful candidate must have an equally good grasp of the technological and regulatory aspects of banking in today’s environment and beyond. They must be results oriented, focused on delivering on the key short term and long term strategic and operational goals of the bank. He or she will be the face of the bank both locally and through the diaspora. This individual will also be an excellent team leader being able to manage and motivate a diverse staff to ensure maximum productivity and professional development. Key to success will be having an excellent working relationship with the Board of Directors.
• Relevant working knowing of the ECCU banking sector
• Strong credit underwriting, recovery and loan administration
• Strong experience in investment management, securities trading, and structuring securities and brokerage service
• In-depth understanding of financial accounting, analysis and reporting
• Working knowledge of banking applications & digital platforms – Jack Henry suite of products, CRM, Alchemy, Yellowhammer, or
• Strong balance sheet management/asset liability management
• Experience in liquidity risk management and contingency planning
• In-depth knowledge and experience in treasury management
• Working knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management, AML &
• In-depth understanding of the regulatory environment, including the
current and new regulations facing the banking industry
• Hands-on experience in preparing policy documents,
writing/developing strategic plans etc.
• Experience working with and reporting to Board of Directors
• Human resource management
• Lead all aspects of the banking operations, including loans, IT, treasury
management and investments.
• Ensure that the bank meets or exceeds both its short-term and longterm
financial and operational goals.
• Research and present technological and other solutions that will ensure
that the bank is operating at optimal efficiency.
• Ensure compliance with all financial, regulatory, compliance and/or
operational standards, and guidelines.
• Be creative in developing promotions and campaigns to grow the bank’s
• Be the bank's ambassador to its local and diaspora customers.
• Be a leading voice on Banking and Financial issues on the island and
partake in or participate in discussions that may promote or defend the
Bank's position on such matters.
• Maintain relationships with all key vendors and suppliers.
• Ensure that the bank is the "Go to bank" on Montserrat. This includes:
1. a full suite of banking products and services that meets the
needs of all our clients;
2. ensure that the bank' s pricing of its products and services are competitive;
3. be an active leader in the community;
4. ensuring that in-person and remote/online banking customers have a smooth and efficient banking experience;
5. report to the Board and its various committees on a regularly scheduled basis or an as needed basis;
Required qualifications and skills:
• Bachelors Degree in Banking or Finance
• MBA or Masters in Banking & Finance Preferred
• A minimum 15 years in banking with 10 years in a executive level. Experience which must include bank operations, lending and investment management
• Ability to interact with all levels of individuals.
• Experience leading an indigenous bank strongly preferred
• Prior experience working directly with boards is essential.
• Experience with Core Director, Yellow Hammer, Alchemy, World Check, preferred.
Submit resume and cover letter to the Chairman Bank of Montserrat, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is August, 2nd 2019.