Following the recent elections in the United Kingdom, Lord Ahmad of Wimbledon has been appointed as the Minister for the Commonwealth and the United Nations at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) with direct responsibility for the Overseas Territories (OTs).
Lord Tariq Ahmad’s responsibilities will include:
· All FCO business in the House of Lords
· The Commonwealth (as an Institution)
· The UN, Peacekeeping, Conflict and International Criminal Court
· Overseas Territories (excluding Falklands, Sovereign Base Areas and Gibraltar)
· The Caribbean
· Prime Minister's Special Representative on Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict
· Human Rights and Modern Slavery
· National Security: Counter Terrorism, Countering Violent Extremism and Cyber
· International Energy Security policy
Also, it has been announced that Lord Michael Bates has been re-appointed as the DFID Minister for the OTs.