Author: MNI Media / ICS | Date: 05 November 2018
At this year's 25th staging of the Caribbean American Heritage Awards Gala, In Washington D.C. A woman of power will be awarded. Find out more about the Awardee for the Award of Outstanding Contribution to Corporate America, Sherry B. Herbert.Sherry B. Herbert is VP/Executive Director of Events for Graves Ventures L.L.C., responsible for oversight of all corporate conferences, custom events, and ancillary products for black enterprise
A proven, resourceful senior manager, she has applied her event management and marketing prowess to create business conferences considered to be among the nation's best.
She has led her team in the planning, management, and execution of:
- Women of Power Summit, one of the largest conferences for female executives and entrepreneurs of color
- Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Summit, the nation's most prominent gathering of African American entrepreneurs and business leaders
- Teenpreneurs Program, the innovative youth entrepreneurship event that has created generations of young business owners
- Black Enterprise Golf & Tennis Challenge, the leading networking/recreational event for African American corporate professionals
- Black Men Xcel, a multi-day celebration of enlightenment and empowerment for men of color
- TechConneXt Summit, a three-day event targeting the black tech community.
As a leader, Sherry has been instrumental in reducing overall expenses across platforms on all events and expanding the company's fastest-growing event, Women of Power Summit, by increasing both attendance and registration revenues. She has also developed new content programming that includes the extremely popular Elevator Pitch Competition at the Entrepreneurs Conference and created valuable sales opportunities through implementation and execution of numerous activities for the Golf & Tennis Challenge. Moreover, she has proven masterful at execution of one-day custom events, from management of speakers to collaboration with sponsors and key organizations.
Her enthusiastic, can-do approach has ensured that Black Enterprise has survived the digital disruption through their engaging and profitable national conferences, symposiums, and forums that have earned the reputation for being superior, smoothly-run productions.
A consummate connector, Sherry has been instrumental in building strong relationships with BE stakeholders and vendors. A nurturing leader, she serves as a mentor to her staff of top-notch professionals. A strong believer in giving back to the community, she volunteers at her church's soup kitchen and oversees a variety of fundraising efforts and is also a member of the Vestry. Born in the island of Nevis, this is Sherry Herbert.