Author: BC Seafood Festival | Date: 13 April 2018
Chef Nathan Fong of Vancouver has compiled a staggering lineup of 40+ international, domestic and British Columbia based chefs to participate in the 12th annual BC Seafood Festival this June, presenting sustainable seafood, including geoduck shown here. BCSeafoodFestival.com (CNW Group/BC Seafood Festival)
This year the 2018 event is unveiling the next generation of the festival by extending the highly anticipated BC Seafood Festival Signature Weekend to three-days featuring new events and celebrations including celebrity chef demonstrations, award-winning shellfish and seafood tastings, interactive & educational displays, and competitions including the famous Fanny Bay Oyster Shucking Competition and the OceanWise™ Chowder Challenge. Guests and visitors may purchase a Signature Weekend Day passes to enjoy some of these weekend highlights:
- Learn to Cook BC Seafood at two different Celebrity Chef Demonstration stages
- 15+ Seafood Tasting Stations – Meet the Producers and Chefs
- 15+ BC Craft Beer, Wine and Spirit Tasting Stations
- Live Music Performances
- Largest Kids Interactive Zone featuring numerous Touch Tanks and Interactive Displays, and Seafood Cooking Classes, plus the first visit to the Festival by the Vancouver Aquarium AquaVan!
International Celebrity Chefs include:
- Chef Tony Su, Ming Court, Cordis Shanghai, Shanghai
- Chef Mark Best, Marque, Bistro by Mark Best, Sydney, Australia
- Chef Tim Ho, The Food Gallery, Langham Hotel Hong Kong
- Chef Chris King, Roux at the Landau, Langham Hotel London
United States Celebrity Chefs include:
- Chef Scott Schneider, Al Fiori, Langham Hotel New York
- Chef Abby Ferrer, Star Noodle, Maui, Hawaii
- Chef Jose Duartes, Taranta, Boston
- From the Comox Valley - Chef Ronald St. Pierre, Locals Restaurant; Chef Nigel McMeans, Blackfin Pub; Chef Chance Wilke, Avenue Bistro; Chef Sloane Romano, Atlas Café; Laura Agnew, As You Like It; Dawn McRae, Custom Gourmet; Chef Aaron Rail, White Whale Restaurant; Chef Todd Radford, High Tide Public House; Chef Xavier Bauby, Culinary Arts; Chef Christian Arbez and Chef Melania Pearson, Thrifty Foods Truck.
- Outside the Comox Valley – From Victoria: Chef Morgan Wilson, The Fairmont Empress Hotel. From Vancouver: Chef Hidekazu Tojo, Tojo's; Chef Pino Posteraro, Cioppinos; Chef Ned Bell, OceanWise™; Chef Chris Andraza, Fanny Bay Oysters Bar; Chef Andrea Carlson, Burdock & Co.; Chef Jenice Yu, FISH; Chef Jennifer Peters, Next Jen; Chef Eva Chin, Royal Dinette; Chef Caitlin Mark, H2 Westin Bayshore; Chef Shelome Bouvette, ChiCha; Chef Lisa Ahier, Sobo, Tofino. From Whistler, BC: Chef Melissa Craig, Bearfoot Bistro, Whistler; Chef Isabel Chung, Fairmont Chateau Whistler. From Calgary, Alberta: Chef Darren McLean, Shokurin; Chef Matthias Fong, River Café, and Sal Howell, Proprietor River Café and Deane House.
- Chef Chris Braun, Chef Vincenzo Capitano, Chef Aaron Hoffman, Chef Leah Patitucci, Chef Tina Tang, Chef Kurt Waddington; and Team Manager, Chef JC Felicella.
Stay tuned for more tantalizing events to be announced in the coming days. Fun-filled dinners, Canada's largest happy hour oyster bar, a seafood brunch cookout, and more will make this year's BC Seafood Festival the best in its 12 year history!
For more information and tickets: Early-Bird BC Seafood Festival Signature Weekend pass ticket sales open on April 13th with more tickets being released soon for these and other Satellite Festival events at BCSeafoodFestival.com Sign up to receive updates about ticket and specials.
For more information about the Comox Valley, accommodation, tickets and the BC Seafood Festival go to BCSeafoodFestival.com or call the Vancouver Island Visitors Center 1-855-400-2882.
Join the conversation at #BCSeafoodFest.