Author: Enterprise Canada | Date: 08 February 2017
TORONTO, Ont.— With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, Canadians are already scrambling trying to book dinner reservations, score the latest movie tickets and choose the perfect outfit for the special day.
“Valentine’s Day reminds us to think eco-sexy,” says Laurie Simmonds, President and CEO of Green Living Enterprises. “From flowers and chocolate, to a night with essential oils, have some fun planning your romantic (yet green) date.”
This year, why not try one of these sweet, sexy and sustainable date ideas:
- Cook a romantic, locally-sourced dinner: Surprise your partner with a savoury, locally-sourced home-cooked meal. With food grown using methods that minimize the impact on the earth, a visit to your local farmer’s market for fresh ingredients is a great place to start. Try Quinta Quinoa as a health grain option— one that surprisingly grows in Ontario and offers high quality, high protein quinoa with absolutely no additives.
- Learn to Make Chocolate: What is Valentine’s Day without artisanal chocolate? Give the gift of a chocolate-making experience with your loved one at ChocoSol Traders’ exclusive More Than Just A Valentine chocolate-making workshop in Toronto on February 11. Learn about their holistic bean-to-bar chocolate making process and taste the best in local and artisanal chocolate. Can’t make the 11? Visit their website for other workshop dates and private bookings.
- Plant an Indoor Garden: Consider spending quality time with your partner planting a gorgeous indoor garden in your home or starting your spring veggie seedlings. From vegetables, herbs and beautiful flowers, your options are limitless since these gardens don’t need much space at all. For some fantastic, 100 per cent organic, local options, Urban Harvest offers a range of seeds that promotes ecological diversity and preserves the health of the planet.
- Spend an Intimate Night In: Why go out at all when you’ve got an entire holiday dedicated exclusively to just you and your lover? Spend the time indoors relaxing and enjoying each other’s company. Once sunset rolls around, there is nothing better to put your sweetheart in the mood than a deep, sensual, full body aromatherapy massage using essential oil blends from Young Living Oils.
- Book the Ultimate Vday Package: Ready to take Valentine’s Day to a whole new level? Plan a romantic weekend getaway and pamper your partner with a day trip to St. Anne’s Spa. Experience a relaxing retreat in an old castle, enjoy delicious locally sourced meals and treat yourself to spa services with skin care products made from 100% pure botanical ingredients. Don’t forget to pack the wine! Set the mood with some delicious, sustainable vino from Niagara wineries such as Southbrook Vineyards or Rosewood Estates. If you’re more of a brews gal/guy, check out Beau’s All Natural Brewing Company.