Author: Royal Canadian Mint | Date: 03 April 2019
This month the Mint also has a number of exquisite creations in store for buyers of the most exclusive collectibles, starting with the 2019 $250 Pure Gold Coin – Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II's Sapphire Tiara. Twenty-eight diamonds and four sapphires adorn a 99.99% pure gold coin that captures the splendour of a famous piece of royal jewelry.
The luxurious line-up continues with the 2019 $300 Pure Platinum Coin – Maple Leaf Forever, featuring a Celia Godkin design richly enhanced in translucent red enamel. Finally, the 40th anniversary of the Gold Maple Leaf bullion is celebrated on an impressive 5 oz. 99.99% pure gold coin featuring the signature sugar maple leaf design in reverse proof: a brilliant finish on the leaf, surrounded by a satin field.
Other collectibles available this month include:
- The 2019 $3 Fine Silver Coin – Queen Elizabeth Rose Blossoms, featuring a rose-gold plated design from artist Claudio D'Angelo;
- The 2019 Special Edition Silver Dollar Proof set, featuring a coloured version of the Mint's Proof Silver Dollar commemorating the 75th anniversary of D-Day;
- The 2019 $30 Fine Silver Coin – Majestic Birds in Motion: Canada Geese, designed by Pierre Leduc and featuring a multi-frame hologram illustrating the wingbeats of an icon of Canadian skies;
- The 2019 $50 Fine Silver Coin – My Inner Nature: Arctic Fox, featuring gold plating surrounding a central design by Vancouver artist Jayson Fuerstenberg;
- The 2019 Circulation Coin Roll – 50 Cents;
- The 2019 $3 Fine Silver Coin – Celebrating Canadian Fun and Festivities – Cherry Blossoms, designed by Steve Hepburn; and
- The 2019 $5 Fine Silver Coin – Zodiac Series: Taurus, designed by Jori Van Der Linde.
All of these products can be ordered directly from the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or on the Mint's web site. The coins are also available at the Royal Canadian Mint's boutiques in Ottawa and Winnipeg, as well as through our global network of dealers and distributors, including participating Canada Post outlets.