Author: Sharon Lechter - Author | Date: 09 September 2019
Sharon Lechter is one of the world’s premier experts on personal and business success. She is author of the new book ‘Success & Something Greater,’ but you probably know her best as the author of ‘Think & Grow Rich for Women,’ and coauthor of the classic book ‘Rich Dad Poor Dad.’
In honor or National Self-Improvement Month, here are a few tips from Sharon to better yourself:
- Thoughts become things: The more frequently a thought is repeated, the easier it will become for our mind to recall and act upon it. Keep in mind that it takes three to five positive thoughts to counter a single negative one. As a result, we have to be more cognizant of our thoughts and make an intentional effort to create positive thoughts to produce positive things in our lives.
- Find your true purpose and set a goal: The magic lies in your passion, your purpose and the dreams that exist inside of you. Once you figure out your purpose, set a goal and believe that you can accomplish that goal. You cannot be passive about where you may end up. You have to play an active role in deciding where you will end up. There is no limit to what you can do when you are aligned with your purpose
- Overcome the obstacles: We all have those areas in our lives where we struggle. Remember though, that the world is full of knowledge that is accessible at our fingertips if we choose to seek it and use it. Regardless of our limitations, background, and any other unforeseen obstacles, we can still be in control of the outcome because we have the power to choose differently.
- Be a visionary: One of the fastest ways to success in anything is to be a visionary. A visionary is dreamer who can build everything they imagine. They are problem solvers. They are at the front of the pack willing to take anything on that others won’t touch. They are masters of change who pursue what they are after despite any fears.
- Surround yourself with good people: Success is determined by the people closest to you. Are they positive? Do they have a happy disposition? How do their interactions affect you? Do they support you? Do they fill you with renewed energy? These are the qualities you need from those in your innermost circle.
- Go the extra mile: As Napoleon Hill said, “Your pot of gold is not at the end of the rainbow. It’s at the end of the extra mile.” If you go that extra mile continuously and don’t become complacent, it does something to your conscience and your soul. Going the extra mile makes you indispensable, gives you job protection, it makes you more appealing and noticeable to others, and it develops personal initiative.
- Be unstoppable: When you are unstoppable, it means you are willing to find a way even if you don’t know how you are going to do something. It means that despite how many naysayers stand in your way, you are going to find a way to get by them no matter what. When you say yes to things you are guided by, no matter how small they are, and you make a commitment, things come forward. You have to believe in the unseen because that’s when your life and success unfold.
- Determination to win: The greatest magic key to success is perhaps the determination to win. Remember, you have, in your own power, in your mind, the capacity to acquire whatever you want if you are so determined to. You really can unlock any door you want when you have the unwavering determination to win.