Author: Ministry of Tourism | Date: 20 July 2017
Regarding the State of Emergency declared for 30 days in some districts of the regions of Cusco and Puno, the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism (MINCETUR) reports the following:
1. The declaration has been stated as a preventive measure to ensure public order and prevent acts of violence that may affect the physical integrity of individuals –domestic and foreign– and public and private property.
2. This measure affects the district of Juliaca in Puno; the districts of Wanchaq, San Sebastián and Cusco in the province of Cusco, and the districts of Machupicchu and Ollantaytambo in the province of Urubamba.
3. The National Government is working to ensure the free transit of vehicles and persons in those districts.
4. The Tourist Protection Network, working in conjunction with the Ministry of the Interior and all the relevant entities, has taken the necessary measures to ensure the safety of visitors.
5. MINCETUR through PROMPERÚ is offering support and relevant information to national and foreign tourists through iPeru´s decentralized offices located in different regions of the country.
MINCETUR encourages national and foreign tourists to follow the safety recommendations of the entities involved in order to uphold public order.
Lima, July 20, 2017