Author: Ministry of Tourism Release | Date: 11 February 2017
Upon launching the LIME 365 campaign, the Honourable Shamfa Cudjoe, Minister of Tourism, explained that “my approach to building a tourism product is different... because I believe that a good place to live, is a good place to visit. We have to appreciate and celebrate ourselves first before we can ask others to appreciate us”. Minister Cudjoe urged the stakeholders gathered to provide visitors “with the real deal, the true essence ... and very special Trinbago experience. One country, two different islands, endless possibilities for exploration and enjoyment”.
A key component of the LIME 365 campaign is the Go TrinBago travel app which forms part of destination Trinidad and Tobago’s digital marketing strategy. A free, bilingual and interactive destination mobile application, this is the ultimate guide to discovering Trinidad and Tobago and is presently available online on the Google Play Store for Android. The Go TrinBago travel app is 100% offline and allows users to develop a personal itinerary, search for, and find a room, a tour, or a taxi at their fingertips.
Other notable features include:
- The ability for users to review local places of interest
- Rate their experiences and read other user reviews
- Recommend “new” places to those who share similar interests
- Capture and posts photographs.
In the coming months the Go TrinBago travel app will be able to tap into the area of online sales; with the ability to book tours and accommodation from the touch of a button on your phone. At the click of a button, you can find something to do and somewhere to go every day of the year in Trinidad and Tobago. Our local, regional and international tourists who want adventure, shopping, beach resorts, meeting facilities and a “good lime” can easily do so 365 days in sweet T&T.
The GoTrinBago app will be available for iPhone users by February 10, 2017.
Also speaking at the Launch of LIME 365 and the Go TrinBago travel application were:
- Mr. La Quan Pearie, the 2016 Junior Minister of Tourism for Trinidad and Tobago and a student of the Manzanilla Secondary School, who indicated that “with the launch of "Lime 365" and the app "Go Trinbago" citizens and tourists will no longer complain of not knowing where to visit and not knowing how to find these places of interest”
- Ms. Carla Cupid, Marketing Specialist of the Tourism Development Company Limited (TDC), who gave a demonstration of the Go TrinBago mobile application