The Government of Montserrat is seeking to recruit a Clinical Psychologist in the Ministry of Health and Social Services (MoHSS) to provide high quality clinical psychology services to the Montserrat population and to provide support and advice to the Medical and Social Services teams in provision of age specific support, mental health services and elderly care. In addition, to train Social Services and Health staff, including Mental Health and Prison Staff; also Carers involved with elderly and young people on the island; and identifying distant support services in relevant areas to assist them long-term.
CANDIDATES QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE’ PROFILE
The Candidate must:
• Be a Broadly Qualified Clinical Psychologist;
• Have essential experience in working with children who have been abused and their families;
• Have background in cognitive therapy;
• Have the ability to employ brief therapy;
• Be knowledgeable of computer based therapies;
• Have experience in working with people with mental health issues;
• Have a broad range of clinical psychological experiences especially with children and young people who are disabled, people with mental illness, and elderly people.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENGAGEMENT
The terms and conditions applicable for this appointment include:
• A two (2) years contractual appointment;
• The total remuneration package for the post of Clinical Psychologist is EC$210,000 (taxable) per annum. In addition, a transport allowance will be paid at the rate of $9,600.00 per annum, which is not taxable.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Detailed Terms of Reference for the Clinical Psychologist can be viewed by clicking on the link http://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Terms-of-Reference-Clinical-Psychologist.pdf
HOW TO APPLY:
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms. (Click on ‘Forms’). Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at 1 (664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at 1 (664) 491-6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
• A completed Application Form with a covering letter
• A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and copies of relevant academic qualifications.
o NOTE: Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies will be requested from those invited to interview
• A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position
• Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resources Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a selection process that involves attending one or more interviews and/or assessment centres. These interviews are designed to assess the skills, competencies and attitudes of the applicant and may be conducted via SKYPE or in person. The Interviews and/or Assessment Centres allow the Selection Panel to draw on more evidence about the applicants than can be derived from the written application.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Thursday 27th September, 2018.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB: Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms. (Click on ‘Forms’). Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 1 (664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at 1 (664) 491-6234.