Director of Energy
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Director of Energy in the Ministry of Communications, Works and Labour within the Government of Montserrat.
The Director of Energy is responsible for developing and delivering a leading-edge Energy Strategy that will play a critical role in the achievement of key directives related to Montserrat’s Energy transition. The successful applicant will provide leadership in the implementation of Energy related changes by reviewing the existing energy strategies and plans and overseeing the implementation of these in accordance with the applicable Laws of Montserrat, international best practices and the Government of Montserrat’s Policy Agenda.
The Director of Energy will be required to perform a range of specific duties, to include but not limited to the following:
• Coordinate the activities related to Energy Conservation, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy for GoM;
• Explore options with respect to investments in Alternative Forms of Energy;
• Deliver the Energy Policy, Strategy and Action Plan;
• Assist with the Management of related projects;
• Conduct relevant research in the field;
• Develop the Energy Unit and its Work Programme;
Qualifications and Experience:
The applicant must possess:
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Architectural, Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Renewable Energy, Energy and Environmental Management, or Business Management with a focus on energy planning at a systems level; or the equivalent in education and experience. Professional designation of Certified Energy Management (CEM), or similar would be an asset.
• Minimum of 10 years proven track record of success with general engineering experience; including leadership in the building design and construction industry including systems design.
• Five (5) years’ experience in energy management, renewable energy, mechanical systems design and construction, and maintenance.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENGAGEMENT
Appointment will be on a contractual basis for a period of two (2) years.
The salary for the post of Director of Energy is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Detailed Terms of Reference for the post of Director of Energy, Ministry of Communications, Works and Labour, can be obtained from the attached link at http://www.psru.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Director-of-Energy-ToRs-Jan-2018-updated.pdf .
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms. (Click on ‘Forms’). Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 1 (664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at 1 (664) 491-6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
• A completed Application Form with a covering letter
• A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and copies of relevant academic qualifications.
o NOTE: Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies will be requested from those invited to interview
• A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position
• Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resources Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a selection process that involves attending one or more interviews and/or assessment centres. These interviews are designed to assess the skills, competencies and attitudes of the applicant and may be conducted via SKYPE or in person. The Interviews and/or Assessment Centres allow the Selection Panel to draw on more evidence about the applicants than can be derived from the written application.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Wednesday 28th February, 2018.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB: Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms. (Click on ‘Forms’). Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at 1 (664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at 1 (664) 491-6234.