Electrical and Electronic Technology Teacher
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the post of Electrical and Electronic Technology Teacher, Montserrat Secondary School in the Ministry of Education, Youth Affairs and Sports in Montserrat. The successful applicant will be appointed before the commencement of the academic year in 2020/2021, that is, prior to September 2020.
To teach Electrical Science to assigned students at the Montserrat Secondary School.
The key responsibilities include:
- Teach Electrical Science to groups of students as required by the National Curriculum and the CXC syllabus.
- Prepare students to write overseas examinations for CSEC and CCLSC.
- Teach students assigned according to their educational needs thereby providing them with appropriate learning experiences.
- Plan and prepare the required schemes of work and lesson plans for the effective delivery of the agriculture programme.
- Assess students’ performance on a regular basis, discuss their performance with them and their parents/guardians and advise on steps to be taken to improve performance.
- Assist in promoting the safety and care of students and fostering their social and moral development through pastoral care plans.
- Maintain the required registers and records, reports and other documents as specified by the Ministry of Education, and report on students’ attendance, behaviour, attainment and progress.
- Support with extra-curricular activities and the care of the school’s assets.
- Monitor and evaluate the school’s behavior management strategies among students in school, on the school grounds or when attending or participating in activities sponsored or approved by the school.
- Communicate with parents/guardians and the wider community on all relevant matters that can have an impact on the students’ progress and or achievement.
The successful applicant will report to the Principal or designate.
The successful applicant should;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electricity / Electronics or Physics or a related field from a recognized institution. A Trained Teacher Certificate from a recognized institution will be an added value. Consideration may be afforded to candidates with a Diploma in Industrial Arts with Electricity / Electronics as a major.
- Have at least (3) years teaching the subject at upper secondary level.
- Demonstrate personal qualities of understanding others, trust, empathy, maturity, conscientiousness, integrity and initiative.
- Experience in teaching the subject within a TVET environment such as the Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ’s) framework will be very strong asset.
Terms of Appointment
Appointment will be made on a contractual basis in the first instance after which permanent arrangements can be offered.
Basic salary is in the scale R28 – 22 / R22-16, that is, EC$41,760 -50,976 – EC$ 50,976 - $60,480 per annum.
Housing Allowance Negotiable (Overseas Applicants only)
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.gov.ms (click on ‘Jobs with the Government of Montserrat’) or by contacting the Human Resources Unit, Department of Administration, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at (1 664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at (1 664) 491-6234. Certified copies of qualifications, police character certificate(s) as well as the names and letters of two referees must submitted with your application.
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat. The deadline for the receipt of applications is Tuesday June 30, 2020.
Please note that only applicants selected for Interviews will be notified.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB: Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.gov.ms (click on ‘Jobs with the Government of Montserrat’) or by contacting the Human Resources Unit, Department of Administration, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (1 664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at (1 664) 491-6234. Certified copies of qualifications, police character certificate(s) as well as the names and letters of two referees must submitted with your application.