Head of Planning and Production
To develop and support the programmes and priorities of the Montserrat Arts Council through the planning, management and or supervision of events.
Key Responsibilities include:
• To assist with the logistics, planning and production of MAC programmes
• To liaise with stakeholders to facilitate the logistics, planning and production of Festivals & Cultural Events
• To lead with negotiations for booking event spaces.
• To conduct research, make site visits, propose ideas and find resources and assist/empower staff in making decisions about production possibilities and the implementation process
• To provide support to the Director and staff.
• To work closely with the Director to manage the communications mechanisms with staff, stakeholders and the general public
• To serve as a point of contact between private stakeholders and vendors on production-related matters.
• To manage all property and equipment entrusted to MAC.
• To identify new cultural industry products that will enhance the tourism product and generate economic activity.
• To assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports for each event/project by keeping track of production finances including check requests, invoicing and reporting
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants should possess:
• At least a first degree or equivalent qualification in Business Management/ Business Administration or Project Management.
• At least three (3) years experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity
• At least three (3) years experience in budget preparation and management
• An innovative and problem-solving approach;
• Sound knowledge of programme planning and management
• Good interpersonal skills
• Be a team player
• Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and provide technical advice in the area of cultural development.
• Ability to lead, manage and motivate staff and teams
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships;
• Ability to use initiative and make sound decisions
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
• Excellent written and verbal skills desirable
• Some experience in event planning
Terms of Appointment
Appointment will be on a 3 year basis.
The basic salary is EC$58,896 per annum, and is taxable. In addition, Travel and Telephone allowances will also be payable, provided the post holder meets eligibility requirements.
To request full details of this position, please telephone 664 491 8555.
HOW TO APPLY
Application is by letter and accompanying Curriculum Vitae, and should be addressed to:
Montserrat Arts Council
P O Box 7
Public Market Building
To reach him no later than Friday March 29th 2019.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB: Application is by letter and accompanying Curriculum Vitae, and should be addressed to: The Chairman Montserrat Arts Council P O Box 7 Public Market Building Little Bay Montserrat