Head of Procurement
HEAD OF PROCUREMENT
Government of Montserrat (GoM), Caribbean
2 Years FTC commencing September 2018
The Government of Montserrat (GoM) is seeking to recruit a Head of Procurement, within the Ministry of Finance and Economic Management. This is a challenging and rewarding post working for the Government of Montserrat (GoM). It offers the opportunity to make a direct and personal impact at a strategic level and the development of procurement on Montserrat. The post holder will have considerable autonomy and a high level of responsibility for the procurement and development of a new team.
CANDIDATES EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS PROFILE
Over a fixed term of between 2 years the post holder will be responsible for creating a professional approach to the GoM’s procurement function, providing operational, and strategic management.
You will work closely with key stakeholders to develop and agree a clear vision for GoM procurement and commercial transformation and implement specific procurement strategies to obtain best value for money and sustainable cost reductions from expenditure on goods, services and works.
You will lead, train and develop a team that can manage the procurement of all goods and services for GoM and ensure that all aspects of procurement and supplier management is carried out in a capable, and professional manner.
Your sourcing strategy will develop the wider supply base and identify ways in which local capacity and capability can be built and utilised in meeting GoM requirements.
You will develop, agree and implement specific procurement strategies to obtain best value for money and sustainable cost reductions from expenditure on goods, services and works.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the GoM’s requirements are sourced utilising sound contractual and commercial arrangements which recognise and mitigate risk and build capacity and capability on island.
You will provide a focal point for procurement and ensure all staff are trained to the highest levels on the regulations and procedures in order to ensure the commercial interests of GoM are protected.
You will be responsible for raising wider commercial awareness and capability in GoM.
The Candidate must be able to demonstrate the qualifications, skills and experience summarised below:
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent;
• Desirable- Full membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or working towards membership;
• Desirable – public sector experience;
• Minimum 5 years’ experience and proven ability to deliver excellence in procurement leadership roles;
• Superior influencing and negotiating skills;
• Highly effective communication skills, written and verbal. Able to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels. Excellent report writing skills; and
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENGAGEMENT
The terms and conditions applicable for this appointment include:
• For a period of (2) years; and
• The total remuneration package will be competitive and in addition, a transport and shipping allowance, if required, would be paid.
Detailed Terms of Reference for the Head of Procurement can be obtained from the following link at http://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Head-of-Procurement-Terms-of-Reference-May-2018.pdf
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from our website at www.gov.ms - (click on ‘Forms’) or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by telephone at (+664) 491 2365/2444 or by fax (+664) 491 6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
• A completed Application Form with a covering letter;
• A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and copies of relevant academic qualifications;
• A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position; and
• Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees.
(NOTE: Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies will be requested from those invited to interview)
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resource Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is Friday June 8 2018. Interviews will be held between 18 June – 22 June 2018.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB: Application forms can be obtained from our website at www.gov.ms - (click on ‘Forms’) or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail at email@example.com by telephone at (+664) 491 2365/2444 or by fax (+664) 491 6234.