Interim Chief Procurement Officer Ministry Of Finance & Economic Management
To provide support to the Ministry specific procurement policies and planning, and provide the lead technical support in government procurement matters.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
· Arranging all Meetings in consultation with the Chairman of the Public Procurement Board (PPB);
· Preparing all necessary documentation and circulating to members of the PPB in preparation for meetings;
· Recording, collating and circulating the minutes of meetings held by the PPB and preparing the annual schedule of PPB meetings for the approval of the Chairman;
· Managing the procurement process for the PPB. Receiving tenders and ensuring that submission deadlines are met and receipts are issued to tenderers;
· Ensuring the security of all tenders;
· Maintaining the MoFEM Contracts Register, and monitoring Registers of Ministries and Departments;
· Securing all rejected tenders and ensuring that they are returned to tenderer;
· Informing all tenderer’s/bidders of the contract awards made by the PPB;
· Advising the various Ministries on matters relevant to the procedures to be followed on Procurement;
· Attending and monitoring Departmental Tenders Committee meetings;
· Publishing all relevant Procurement reports;
· Conducting relevant Training in procurement methods;
· Assisting in the development and maintenance of documented standards for procurement governance and procurement process which results in value for money outcomes and minimise procurement risk;
· Developing, maintaining, monitoring and updating MOFEM’s contract management and contractor management policies, systems and processes;
· Facilitating and supporting best practice tendering and contracting activities to include:
· Scrutinizing tender documents for compliance with standards
· Publishing Tender adverts
· Managing tender opening
· Reviewing proposed contract documents
· Preparing contract documents for signature
· Arranging the signing of contract documents
· Facilitating expenditure reviews to identify opportunities to add value through improved procurement
· Developing and maintaining a reporting system for contractor and suppliers performance
· Developing and maintaining a reporting system which measures the contribution of the procurement process
· Contributing to the development of the Ministry’s Strategic Planning and budgeting process and developing operational plans for Unit
· Ensuring compliance with the GoM Performance Management and Development System within the Procurement function; undertaking periodical performance appraisal of team members.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidates should:
· Have a degree in Public Policy or Business Management or related field from an accredited institution; a Masters’ Degree in Public Policy, Public Sector Management, Business Management, Finance or related field would be an asset.
· Have at least five (5) years’ experience in a managerial or senior supervisory role; three of which must be in the area of procurement and contract management practice and methods, or financial management.
· Have exposure to government operations at a middle management level.
· Have Certification in Procurement through the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) (or prepared to study)
· Be familiar with current GoM procurement legislation
· Have a high level of verbal and written skills including the ability to compile reports in relation to complex technical and contractual matters in a logical , clear and concise manner;
· Have good negotiating, communications (written and oral) and presentation skills;
· Be computer literate - experience with word processing and database capabilities;
· Have planning and organization skills;
· Have the ability to lead and develop a small team
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
Appointments will be made on Contractual basis for a period of 6 months.
Basic salary is at R7, that is, EC$74,760 per annum (Taxable).
· Travel - EC$9,600.00 per annum (non-taxable)
· Telephone – EC$720.00 per annum (taxable)
· Entertainment – EC$3,600.00 per annum (non-taxable)
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms. (Click on ‘Forms’). Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 1 (664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at 1 (664) 491-6234
Applicants must provide all of the following information
ü A completed Application Form with a covering letter
ü A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and copies of relevant academic qualifications.
o NOTE: Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies will be requested from those invited to interview
ü A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position
ü Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resources Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a selection process that involves attending one or more interviews and/or assessment centres. These interviews are designed to assess the skills, competencies and attitudes of the applicant and may be conducted via SKYPE or in person. The Interviews and/or Assessment Centres allow the Selection Panel to draw on more evidence about the applicants than can be derived from the written application.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Wednesday 24th October, 2018.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB: Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms. (Click on ‘Forms’). Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at 1 (664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at 1 (664) 491-6234