The Government of Montserrat is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Pharmacist in the Ministry of Health and Social Services.
The purpose of this job is to be responsible for the prompt and efficient delivery of pharmaceuticals and monitoring of stock levels while providing professional advice and assisting with the implementation of plans and programmes.
Main Responsibilities include:
1. Dispense pharmaceuticals to the public and fill pharmaceutical orders from the wards, geriatric homes, clinics and private doctors as required based on Government’s medication legislations and procedures.
2. Maintain accurate records of medications dispensed to ensure efficient management of pharmaceutical stocks by:
Numbering, dating and filling all completed prescriptions according to established procedures.
Maintaining individual ‘bin cards’ for all drugs to facilitate stocktaking.
Maintaining Drug Utilization Review records by reference to filled prescriptions.
3. Supply health care providers and clients with professional pharmaceutical advice and information regarding availability of drugs, prescribing protocols, usage procedures, side effects and appropriate alternatives etc.
4. Assist with the formation and implementation of plans and programmes to ensure proper pharmaceutical standards and efficient delivery of services.
5. Perform miscellaneous related duties such as:
Recording and dispensing dangerous drugs to ensure security in the
absence of the Senior Pharmacist.
Assisting with the ordering of drugs and other supplies.
Assisting with the preparation of Annual and other Reports.
Ensuring the appropriate disposal of discarded reports.
6. Perform on-call duties as required and to deputize in the absence of the Senior Pharmacist.
Person Specification/Key Skills Requirements (Qualifications, Experience and Interpersonal):
The Applicant should have:
a BSc in Pharmacy
Two (2) years’ experience as a Pharmacist
Be registered to practice as a Pharmacist
Be able to communicate verbally and in writing effectively
Be a team player
Possess basic computer skills
Terms of Appointment
Appointment will be made on a contractual or permanent basis.
The salary scale for the post is R28-22, that is, EC$41,760.00 to $50,976.00 per annum (taxable).
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.gov.ms (click on ‘Jobs with the Government of Montserrat’) or by contacting the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (+664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491-6234.
To apply send your completed application form or curriculum vitae with a recent police certificate/record and a cover letter with the names of at least two referees to the Human Resources Management Unit by January 25, 2019.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB: Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.gov.ms (click on ‘Jobs with the Government of Montserrat’) or by contacting the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at (+664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491-6234.