To provide routine and emergency general and specialist medical services to people on Montserrat.
Main Responsibilities include:
1. To provide general and specialist medical service assessment and management of all patients on all wards.
2. To serve as chief advisor for all overseas transfer of medical patients.
3. Conduct weekly medical outpatient clinics to assess and monitor all discharged and referred patients for specialist assessment.
4. Participate in the management of chronic diseases, heart diseases, cancers etc.
5. Develop standard operating procedures for the management of major diseases/conditions.
6. To provide out of hours’ medical services as per Medical Officer on-call rotation.
7. To provide Medio Lego reports as required.
8. To provide advice to Medical Officers, Prison, and Geriatric Home as required.
Person Specification/Key Skills Requirements (Qualifications, Experience and Interpersonal):
The Applicant should possess the following:
· Medical degree (MBBS or MD Degree) or equivalent from a recognized University.
· Degree in Medicine Specialist qualification in Internal Medicine.
· Have at least five (5) years’ experience as a Physician
· Knowledge of procedures and policies in medical practices.
· Be registered with a recognized national or state medical board
· Advanced Cardiac Life and Paediatric Advanced Life Support
· The ability to work as a member of a Team.
Terms of Appointment
· Appointment will be on a contractual basis for a period of two years, eligible to receive a gratuity of 12.5% of the basic salary upon successful completion of the contract.
The total remuneration package for this post is negotiable.
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms. (Click on ‘Forms’). Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at 1 (664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at 1 (664) 491-6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
ü A completed Application Form with a covering letter
ü A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and copies of relevant academic qualifications.
o NOTE: Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies will be requested from those invited to interview
ü A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position
ü Two letters of reference
with full contact details of the referees
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resources Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a selection process that involves attending one or more interviews and/or assessment centres. These interviews are designed to assess the skills, competencies and attitudes of the applicant and may be conducted via SKYPE or in person. The Interviews and/or Assessment Centres allow the Selection Panel to draw on more evidence about the applicants than can be derived from the written application.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Thursday 01st November, 2018.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB: Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms. (Click on ‘Forms’). Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 1 (664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at 1 (664) 491-6234.