Principal, Montserrat Community College
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Principal, Montserrat Community College.
• To provide overall academic, technical and strategic leadership to the programmes and activities of the Montserrat Community College, and to ensure that the policies, operating principles and regulations of the College are in keeping with its strategic aims, operational objectives and targets.
The person engaged shall hold the post of Principal – Montserrat Community College and shall perform and discharge all such powers, functions and duties entrusted to the Principal under the provisions of the Montserrat Community College Act (CAP 16.06). In addition, the Principal shall have the following responsibilities:-
1. Plan and implement policy relating to all phases of the operation of the College to include but not limited to the administration, supervision, discipline, maintenance and promotion of the College and its programmes.
2. Process student applications, admissions, orientation, records and transcripts and eligibility for certificates and awards, and provide information pertaining to students, the College, its programmes, regulations, guidelines and directives.
3. Supervise the recruitment of employees, and establish and implement practices and processes for evaluating the performance of staff.
4. Carry out the day to day financial administration and control of the College’s budget subject to the directives of the Board of Governors.
5. Provide leadership in matters relating to the academic, technical and vocational programmes of the College and establish policies and practices to facilitate the delivery of quality education and training to international standards.
6. Carry out all related duties as may be assigned from time to time or stipulated in all legislation, rules, guidelines and directives of the College.
The person engaged will possess both administrative and academic leadership experience, combined with a deep understanding of, and enthusiasm for, the value of higher education. S/he will also have the following:
• a post graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in education, preferably in post-secondary, higher or adult education or other relevant discipline;
• at least five years successful experience in higher education administration or teaching at the tertiary level and/or in managing a post-secondary institution;
• excellent oral and written communication skills;
• a visionary, dynamic, positive, creative and innovative approach to the role of Principal, MCC, together with a learner-centred mindset;
• a track record of sound strategic planning with financial management, and effective networking skills;
• A high level of perseverance and ability and willingness to work under pressure, with limited resources, and to meet deadlines;
• proven experience in team building, and a collegial, visible leadership style with a high level of interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
• cultural sensitivity;
• a transparent operating approach which inspires trust in stakeholders;
• a strong commitment to the mandate of the Montserrat Community College, and the ability to create and promote a culture of pride in the College among faculty and all staff, students and graduates.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Employment would be on contract for an initial period of two (2) years, but is subject to a three-month probationary period. Salary and allowances will be commensurate with the salary scales and schedule of allowances of the Government of Montserrat.
A letter of application, accompanied by full curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant qualifications and two (2) recent letters of reference, should be sent to :-
Board of Governors of the Montserrat Community College
c/o Ministry of Education Youth Affairs & Sports
P.O. Box 103, Brades, Montserrat
Applications must reach the Chairman, Board of Governors no later than 31 May, 2018.
Applicants are invited to contact the Montserrat Community College by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (664 491 9009) to request a more detailed job specification and terms and conditions of appointment.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB: letter of application, accompanied by full curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant qualifications and two (2) recent letters of reference, should be sent to :- The Chairman Board of Governors of the Montserrat Community College c/o Ministry of Education Youth Affairs & Sports P.O. Box 103, Brades, Montserrat