Prison Officer Vacancy
The Government of Montserrat is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Prison Officer at Her Majesty’s Prison.
• Supervises the activities of prisoners in their charge both within and outside the prison, in accordance with Prison regulations, supporting regulations, Superintendent Standing Orders and instructions of the Superintendent of Prison or the manager in charge of the shift.
• Carries out security checks as instructed by the manager in charge of the shift.
• Maintains a very high standard of discipline and professionalism at all times as required by Prison Regulations and General Orders (or laws/rules that govern the conduct of public servants).
• Evaluates and advises prisoners as may be required from time to time.
• Maintains records and write reports as required.
• Should have received a Secondary School education preferably, having gained three (3) or more subject passes at O’ Level CXC or GCE OR qualification in a recognized trade, OR have experience working in a security field.
• Should not have any criminal convictions in this jurisdiction or elsewhere.
• Should have the ability to give instructions to prisoners as well as building appropriate relationships to assist in reducing reoffending after release
• Must be able to work within the parameters of a Prison Institution or Correction facility
• Must be physically fit.
• Should have a keen interest in self – development.
• Should be able to work as a team member.
• Should have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• A valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a manual transmission vehicle would be an asset.
Please note that successful candidates will be expected to work on a rota system including weekends and bank holidays.
Basic Salary is in the scale R39-R28, that is EC$27,396 - EC$41,760 per annum (Taxable).
Appointment will be made on a permanent basis, with a probationary period of two (2) years.
Uniform and appropriate training will be provided.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from our website at www.gov.ms or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (+664) 491 2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491 6234.
To apply, send your completed application form and curriculum vitae with a covering letter and the names of at least two referees to the Human Resources Management Unit at email@example.com by September 15, 2017.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB: To apply, send your completed application form and curriculum vitae with a covering letter and the names of at least two referees to the Human Resources Management Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2017.