Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of PWD Architect in the Ministry of Communications and Works.
To work within the Architectural team to assist the Government Architect in the Provision of Architectural services, for works of building construction, rehabilitation and maintenance, as specified by Client Ministries and the Government of Montserrat.
- Assist the Government Architect with the delivery of projects that require input from the Section.
- Interview clients to determine Schedules of Accommodation (SOA), determine outline brief, prepare preliminary sketch, and final designs according to SOA, site and available budget.
- Prepare tender documents including, working drawings and specifications for building projects.
- Communicate with the relevant internal and external consultants on Projects.
- Prepare and administer construction contracts.
- Using the relevant documentation, monitor and supervise the construction of development and maintenance projects.
- Prepare work schedules for building maintenance and other Minor projects.
- Produce drawings, specifications and scope of works for Minor Projects.
- Advise PWD and Client Ministries on design and costing for Architectural projects.
- Maintain records of design and construction projects.
Applicant should have:-
- Minimum of Bachelors of Art in Architectur
- Must possess at least two years architectural/design post graduate experience and at least three years senior to mid-management experience in the field OR
A minimum of five years combined experience in the fields outlined above.
- Demonstrable Architectural technical skills.
- Be proficient in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture Suite. (proficiency in Sketch up as well as other design software will be considered an asset)
- Basic knowledge of Structural Engineering and Quantity Surveying.
- Knowledge of construction methods and practice.
- Good understanding and application of pertinent codes regulations and design manuals.
- The ability to communicate with skilled and/or non technical persons.
- Self motivated and the ability to work unsupervised, to coordinate the work of, and supervise teams of different skills/trade.
- Be a good team player.
Salary is fixed at R10 that is EC$70,092 per year (Taxable)
Allowances: Telephone Allowance - EC$720.00 per year (Taxable)
Travelling Allowance - EC$9,600.00 per year
Professional Allowance – EC$27,000.00 per annum
Appointment will be made either on a permanent or contractual basis.
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.gov.ms (click on ‘Find a Government Job’) or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (+664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491-6234.
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resources Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat. Montserrat, by Monday June 30, 2020.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB: Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.gov.ms (click on ‘Find a Government Job’) or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at (+664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491-6234.