Senior Social Worker
· To support the work of the Director of Social Services in the development and implementation of an integrated framework for social care.
· To lead the delivery of high quality and effective support services that respond to the needs of vulnerable persons in the community
1. Develop and maintain good working relationships with the other members of the Social Services Department and other agencies to ensure integrated holistic and multi-disciplinary approach safeguarding and wellbeing
a. Foster effective partnership working with health, education, police and civil society to ensure that multi-agency work maximises the impact of front line service delivery;
b. Chair multi-agency meetings,
2. Promote community care while focusing on prevention in social services front line delivery.
a. plan and manage assessments and support services in a timely and effective way, to ensure that children and families; vulnerable adults and elderly persons that need services are identified at the earliest possible stage.
3. Supervise the workload of a team of social workers and assist with the prioritizing of tasks and responsibilities; provide guidance and advice in keeping with approved policy and statutory guidelines
4. Assist with the preparation of reports (to include case reports for the Court) and supporting other Social Workers in this aspect of their work.
5. Devise, implement and review care plans to include the development and management of child protection plans for;
(a) all children who require them in line with Child Protection Procedures
(b) vulnerable adults and elderly
6. Provide professional advice, mentoring and support to other members of the Social Services Department. Foster a culture of knowledge sharing and skills development
The successful applicant must be a qualified social worker with a degree in Social Work and at least ten (10) years of work experience in a social work or social care setting. Advanced casework skills, a high degree of program knowledge, judgment and creativity are required
The successful applicant must show evidence of the following:
· Experience of working directly with the elderly, children at risk, those living with disabilities persons at risks of domestic violence and other at risk people groups
· Presenting evidence and guidance to the Court and acting as an advocate
· Worked in a managerial capacity /senior supervisory role for at least five (5) years
· Past working experience of community care principles and practice;
· Sound assessment skills including balancing risk and protective factors
· Ability to be flexible, creative and use your initiative
· Ability to exercise individual judgement and consult where and when appropriate
· the ability to negotiate, mediate and interpret on behalf of service users;
· be able to prioritise and self-manage your own caseload
· Interviewing and record keeping techniques, including the documentation of all actions and contacts in case files.
· the capacity to absorb legal and procedural information;
- Excellent report writing and analytical skills
- Have a methodical and organised approach to the work
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to a wide range of audience
- Possess the ability to present reports at court, meetings and to child and family
· Possess a high level of confidentiality
· Ability to work independently and as a team
· patience and the ability to remain calm in a crisis;
Empathy, combined with a genuine desire to improve the quality of the lives of service users, is essential, as is the ability to think on your feet and make difficult decisions under pressure. An interest or participation in some aspect of your local community is useful. General administrative skills are also needed.
All staff have a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children [and vulnerable adults]. The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
The successful applicant will report to the Director of Social Services.
Salary is commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience
The successful applicant will be:
· offered employment on permanent or contractual basis for a minimum of three (3) years
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms. (Click on ‘Forms’). Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at 1 (664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at 1 (664) 491-6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
ü A completed Application Form with a covering letter
ü A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and copies of relevant academic qualifications.
o NOTE: Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies will be requested from those invited to interview
ü A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position
ü Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resources Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a selection process that involves attending one or more interviews and/or assessment centres. These interviews are designed to assess the skills, competencies and attitudes of the applicant and may be conducted via SKYPE or in person. The Interviews and/or Assessment Centres allow the Selection Panel to draw on more evidence about the applicants than can be derived from the written application.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Wednesday 28th February, 2018.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB: Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms. (Click on ‘Forms’). Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 1 (664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at 1 (664) 491-6234.