As more Canadians return to traveling, Air Canada has partnered with Canadian‑based Switch Health to give travelers a full range of COVID‑19 testing options.
These options include new self‑administered COVID‑19 tests that passengers can complete from the comfort of their home or from their accommodation around the world, as well as travel testing clinics.
Switch Health has introduced a new portable RT‑LAMP test kit that makes completing travel testing requirements easier. It’s a molecular test, similar to a PCR, that meets testing requirements for entry into Canada.
• Pack the test with you when you leave Canada – no need to spend your travel time hunting down a clinic while abroad.
• At destination, self-administer the test at your convenience, accompanied by a telehealth professional via an online telehealth session. No need to send to a lab for processing.
• Get your result in about 45 minutes with an official electronic report suitable for travel.
• It meets the testing requirements by the Government of Canada for entry into Canada.
• It’s also accepted by other select countries requiring a molecular test for entry, so you can choose to use it at home, before leaving Canada.
• This product has been launched with limited quantities, order it now while supplies last.
If the country you are traveling to requires a Rapid Antigen COVID‑19 test, such as for the United States, Switch Health also offers an equally convenient test kit that you can complete from home and get results in about 30 minutes.