Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the post of Development Planner in the Ministry of Finance & Economic Management in Montserrat. The successful applicant will be appointed before the commencement of the fiscal year in 2022/2023, that is, prior to April 2022.
To provide economic development advice and technical support to the Government of Montserrat through the formulation and or revision of development strategies, plans and programmes to assist in the promotion of sustainable development in Montserrat.
- Assist the formulation, revision and update of the SDP and its accompanying implementation programme
- Conduct analysis of/ evaluate and report on national development plans, policies, strategies and programmes
- Promote the cohesive integration of national development priorities across all sectors
- Support the public sector strategic planning activities led by the Policy and Planning Division annually
- Formulate development plans, strategies and programmes for private sector development in conjunction with relevant stakeholders as requested
- Support the implementation of plans, strategies and programmes that promote private sector development
- Contribute to sectoral analyses and appraisals to facilitate recommendations and GoM decision papers
- Undertake and or assist research, data gathering and analysis to provide advice, information and recommendations to senior officials for consideration and action
- Assist in building competencies and capacity in economic development within the Public Service.
- Provide information and advice to the public on a wide range of issues including economic growth and impact, national development and redevelopment.
- Prepare reports, briefings - for senior officials, ministers, and the Cabinet on issues of broad national concern, or provide oral briefings on technical issues to senior management or the minister.
- Work with the statistics function to compile data and statistics on social and economic development indicators
The successful applicant will report to the Director, Development Planning & Policy
The successful applicant should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business administration, finance, development studies, or a related discipline.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in economic development, business research, management or related fields.
- Proficient in economic and demographic research skills
- Excellent writing skills to include editing, oversight or preparation of technical reports and presentation of information to government entities and other stakeholders
- Skills in statistical analysis and synthesis of large of amounts of information in a clear and ordered manner for various audiences
- Good understanding/knowledge of the local and regional environments
- Strategic planning
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and public relation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office programmes
- Skills in data visualization and graphic design for creation of presentations and documents would be an asset
Terms of Appointment
Appointment will be permanent and pensionable.
Basic salary is in the scale R17-13 that is, EC$58, 896.00 to EC$65,232.00 per annum; with travel allowance of EC$9,600.00 per annum (non-taxable).
How to Apply
Application forms can be obtained from our website at www.gov.ms or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail at email@example.com, by telephone at (+664) 491 2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491 6234.
To apply send your completed application form or curriculum vitae with a covering letter and the names of at least two referees to the Human Resource Management Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday September 24, 2021.